Tuesday, March 3, 2015

How to stop your grownup from making bad decisions (Nina the Philosopher, #1) - Judy Balan


Rating : 5.0
 
I don't know where to start! :) This book was an amazing journey in which I could relate so many things from my life being a teenager. The characters are realistic even though Nina has her own fantasies about them. 

The writing style and pattern, both are NEW in this boring world of cliches. If you are a teenager who wants more of an Indian teen book, Nina would be more than happy to amaze you. The illustrations are pretty funny but they are not too much in number which is a good thing for the book. This was a book I have been craving for such a book. 

This book is for TEENS and TWEENS too. By the end of the book, I was like - I want MORE! :P Nina, I can picture my shelf with your complete set of books when you write your blog (book). As for the title, you have to read the book in order to know the back story. 

Judy Balan is full of bright ideas and quite a lot of gags *as I understand from her writing*... This book was indeed like how a good story should be - Comedy, Family Drama, a teensy-weensy bit of Fantasy and it even had a climax! Happy Ending! I'm sure it will appeal to all the kids, teens and tweens in India.

My personal chat to her  -  "I read it. Yes. I READ IT! Amazing! Loved it! A blog? What an idea! :) You are REALLY very talented. It seems as if my Lord Jesus had a plan to make me read this book - 
1. Giveaway
2. Lungi Dance and other bollywood referrences...
3. Craving for a graphic book after Wimpy Kid and other non-graphic books.
4. Something that could appeal to me.
5. To make me feel as if there are others who think exactly LIKE and as MUCH as I do.
Do you watch How I Met Your Mother or The Middle? Because I heard of the Intervention and the banner of it there; the quote - When God closes a door, he opens a window...
And a compliment - You are the future Judy BLUME (I obviously would know who she is, yes?) "

No comments:

Post a Comment