Friday, December 27, 2019

#BookReview: Eat Pray Love - Elizabeth Gilbert

Rating:


5/5 Book Emojis


Format Used: 

Paperback

Publisher - Penguin 

Pages - 334

Link to Amazon

Review:

"...that you should never give yourself a chance to fall apart because, when you do, it becomes a tendency and it happens over and over again. You must practice staying strong, instead."




I read this book on my sabbatical after ending up with two copies gifted by two different publishers in this decade. To be very honest, I can say that reading this while backpacking across the streets of NorthEast India changed my life. I was in between Bhutan, Nepal and Tibet, on the foothills of Mount Everest, meditating with monks in ancient monasteries. All during which, this book I held in my hands, giving me a sense of purpose and a greater meaning to all of my doubts.
There were such amazing quotable portions that I ended up asking the cabin crew to get me a new pen to underline. I was reading these life lessons to the amazing travellers I met along the way. 

Definitely wouldn't recommend this book to someone who just wants to sit at home and read it because that defies the purpose of this gem. It had such a grounding, yet uplifting effect just because I was travelling solo to rediscover my lost self due to so much loss of love and loved ones this year. I'm grateful for everything since I came back home and I hope to be in this state of mind till I'm alive. Sheer bliss. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment